zenpacklib is a Python library that makes building common types of ZenPacks simpler, faster, more consistent, and more accurate.
Specifically zenpacklib allows all of the following to be described in YAML, and extended in Python only if necessary.
- zProperties (a.k.a. Configuration Properties)
- Device Classes
- Monitoring Templates
- New Device and Component Types
- Relationships between Device and Component Types
- Event Classes
- Process Classes
- Device Link Providers
- Impact Triggers
It is this combination of declarative YAML and imperative Python extension that allows zenpacklib to make easy things easy and hard things possible.
Documentation for ZenPackLib can be found in the ZenPack Development Kit section.
GNU General Public License, Version 2, or later
Version 2.1.2 Download
- Released: 2020-04-20
- Compatible with Zenoss 6.x and Zenoss Cloud
Version 2.0.9 Download
- Released: 2018-01-26
- Compatible with Zenoss 4.2.5 - 6.1.
Older (non-ZenPack) Releases
Versions of ZenPackLib before 2.0 were a single Python file (zenpacklib.py) instead of a ZenPack. The following releases are of this file, not a ZenPack.
Version 1.1.2 Download
- Released: 2016-11-03
- Compatible with Zenoss 4.2 - 5.2.
Version 1.0.13 Download
- Released: 2016-06-09
- Comptible with Zenoss 4.2 - 5.2.