HP-UX Monitor (SSH)
This ZenPack is developed and supported by the Zenoss User Community. Contact Zenoss to request more information regarding this or any other ZenPacks. Click here to view all available Zenoss Community ZenPacks.
GNU General Public License, Version 2
Git Sources (For Cloning):
HP-UX Monitor (SSH) ZenPack
HP-UX Monitoring Through SSH
This ZenPack is developed by the Zenoss user community and supported via our online forums. Zenoss, Inc. does not provide direct support for this ZenPack.
Version 0.2.2- Download: Summary of changes: systemscan plugin was adapted to recognize HPVM virtual machines: Released on 2013/08/27: Requires Linux Monitor ZenPack: Compatible with Zenoss Core 4.2.x
This Zenpack was created by the need to monitor HP-UX 11.31 servers with Zenoss. Some HP-UX 11.31 servers have serious problems with the snmpd daemon, which in some cases reaches loads up to 90% of CPU. So that is the reason to make this Zenpack for every Unix administrator that have this problem.
This Zenpack will create:
- New Organizer: Devices -> Server -> SSH -> HPUX
- This Organizer will provide:
- Template HPUXSSHMonitor
- HPUX Filesystem Template
- HPUXEthernet Template
- Plugins: bdf, lanscan, memory, systemscan and zenoss.cmd.uname.
- Additional plugins:model, uname_a are not necessary because systemscan do their job, but they are provided only for debug purposes.
- After installing this Zenpack, restart zope, zenhub and zencommand:
(with user zenoss)
- zopectl restart; zenhub restart; zencommand restart
- For security reason configure ssh key for zenoss account to your
- On Zenoss server with zenoss account do: ssh-keygen, Press Enter to all
- Go to .ssh
- Copy the information contained in id_rsa.pub
- Paste the information in the remote server's monitor user (for example root) in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file
- Test the trust connection without password from Zenoss server to the remote host (You don't have to be asked for password).
- In Configuration Properties edit if is necessary:
- Add your Server.
- This Zenpack is recommended for HP-UX 11.31 but could be compatible with older versions 11.11 and 11.23
- Change values in /opt/ssh/etc/sshd_config to:
- MaxSessions 10