SNMP Location (RackSlot)
This ZenPack is developed and supported by the Zenoss User Community. Contact Zenoss to request more information regarding this or any other ZenPacks. Click here to view all available Zenoss Community ZenPacks.
GNU General Public License, Version 2, or later
Git Sources (For Cloning):
SNMP Location (RackSlot) ZenPack
This ZenPack will automatically add devices to Location organizers based on their SNMP location OID (sysLocation). Locations will be created automatically as necessary. Special code to initialize rackSlot values has been added.
This ZenPack is developed by the Zenoss user community and supported via our online forums. Zenoss, Inc. does not provide direct support for this ZenPack.
- Version 2.1.0- Download: Summary of changes: Initial RackSlot enhancement release.
- Released on 2013/03/27: Compatible with Zenoss Core 2.5.x, Zenoss Core 3.1.x, Zenoss Core 3.2.x, Zenoss Core 4.2.x, Zenoss Resource Manager 4.1.x, Zenoss Resource Manager 4.2.x
This ZenPack configures Zenoss to automatically put devices into location organizers based on each device's SNMP Location (ie. sysLocation in snmpd.conf.) If a location organizer does not exist, it will be created, and updated device sysLocation values will result in devices moving into an updated location after remodel. It is based on the vanilla SNMP Location ZenPack. Heirarchies of devices are supported by using a "/" within the sysLocation value.
Special modifications have been made to this "RackSlot" version of the ZenPack to initialize the device's rackSlot value (visible on the Overview page) in certain cases:
- RU support: Albuquerque/Citylink-25 will result in the location being set to Albuquerque/Citylink and rackSlot initialized to rh=1,ru=25
- rear RU support: Albuquerque/Citylink-r25 (use "r" or "R") will result in the location being set to Albquerque/Citylink and rackSlot initialized to rh=1,split=rear,ru=25
- side/rear support: Albuquerque/Citylink-rl will result in the location being set to Albuquerque/Citylink and the rackSlot initialized to split=left/rear. Use Citylink-rr for split=right/rear.
- side support: Albuquerque/Citylink-r wil result in the location being set to Albuquerque/Citylink and the rackSlot initialized to split=right. Use Citylink-l for split=left.
Note: The split syntax used for rackSlot will be supported by an upcoming RackView ZenPack release.
If no -[SUFFIX] is appended to the sysLocation, then the rackSlot will not be initialized. In addition, the sysLocation will be checked at every device remodel (by default every 12 hours) for any updates. User modifications to rackSlot made in the Zenoss user interface will be preserved as long as the sysLocation does not change. If the sysLocation changes, then in addition to moving the device into the new location organizer setting, the rackSlot will be re-initialized or cleared (if no -SUFFIX) as per the above rules upon remodel. Just changing the -SUFFIX in the sysLocation will also cause the device's rackSlot value to be re-initialized as per the above rules.