The Dig Monitor ZenPack monitors the response time of DNS lookups.
To collect data, this ZenPack uses the check_dig Nagios plugin, which in turn uses the dig command.
This ZenPack is part of Zenoss Core. Open Source users receive community support for this ZenPack via our online forums. Enterprise support for this ZenPack is provided to Zenoss customers with an active subscription.
|Product||Zenoss platform 4.x, Zenoss 2.2 or higher|
To enable monitoring by the system:
- Select Infrastructure from the navigation bar.
- Click the device name in the device list. The device overview page appears.
- Expand Monitoring Templates in the left panel, and then select Device.
- Select Bind Templates from the Action menu. The Bind Templates dialog appears.
- Add the DigMonitor template to the list of selected templates, and then click OK. The DigMonitor template appears under Monitoring Templates.
Select the DigMonitor template in the left panel, and change options as needed.
DigMonitor Data Source Options
Option Description DNS Server Name server against which the dig command should be run. The default is the device host name. Port Port on which the name server is listening. This is normally port 53. Record Name Name of the record you want to look up. The default is zenoss.com. Record Type DNS record type (for example, A, MX, CNAME).