Dell Monitor (Core)
DellMonitor provides custom modeling of devices running the Dell OpenManage agents. It also contains hardware identification for Dell proprietary hardware. The information is collected through the SNMP interface.
The ZenPacks.zenoss.DellMonitor ZenPack provides customized modeling of devices running Dell OpenManage agents, and includes identification for proprietary Dell hardware.
The following information is collected through SNMP:
- Hardware Model
- Hardware Serial Number
- Operating System
- CPU Information (socket, speed, cache, voltage)
- PCI Card Information (manufacturer, model)
This ZenPack is part of Zenoss Core. Open Source users receive community support for this ZenPack via our online forums. Enterprise support for this ZenPack is provided to Zenoss customers with an active subscription.
|Product||Zenoss platform 4.x, 5.x, Zenoss 2.2 or higher|
|On each remote device||The Dell OpenManage SNMP Agent is used to gather information about the device.|
Enable Enhanced Modeling
To enable modeling:
- Select Infrastructure from the navigation bar.
- Click the device name in the device list. The device overview page appears.
- Select Modeler Plugins from the left panel.
- Click Add Fields to reveal the list of available plugins.
- Select the following plugins from the Available fields list, and
then drag them to the Plugins list:
- Remove the following plugins by clicking on the 'X' button located
to the right of the plugin.
- Click Save to save the updates.
- Remodel the device using these new plugins by selecting Model Device from the Action menu.