This ZenPack is developed and supported by the Zenoss User Community. Contact Zenoss to request more information regarding this or any other ZenPacks. Click here to view all available Zenoss Community ZenPacks.
GNU General Public License, Version 2, or later
Git Sources (For Cloning):
Monitoring Bind via rdnc stats
This ZenPack is developed by the Zenoss user community and supported via our online forums. Zenoss, Inc. does not provide direct support for this ZenPack.
Version 1.0.3-beta- Download: Released on 2016/03/16: Compatible with Zenoss Core 4.2.x
This zenpack uses rndc to generate statistics for bind. The stats are parsed via a python script which is executed from a command data source.
- Configure the server for rndc (https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/s2-bind-rndc.html)-
- Setup a cronjob to run rndc stats every 5 minutes
- Copy the script/namedstats.py to the server you want to montior (I use puppet for this)
- Update the Bind monitoring template to point to where the script resides and the path to the named.stats file
- Set the command username and password of an account with sufficient privildeges to read the named.stats file - I used an account which is in the named group